On June 24, the Supreme Court handed down its historic decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. In Dobbs, the Court overruled Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey and returned the abortion issue to the democratic process.
Americans United for Life has analyzed the decision and prepared a comprehensive analysis of the Justices’ opinions and Dobbs’ impact on policy, litigation, and jurisprudence. The memorandum discusses:
- The background of the case and Mississippi’s Gestational Age Act.
- A thorough analysis of the majority, concurring, and dissenting opinions.
- State abortion policies and conditional laws.
- Judicial review of abortion litigation post-Dobbs.
- The impact of Dobbs on the abortion distortion and doctrine of stare decisis.
The pro-life movement has concluded its forty-nine-year battle to overturn Roe v. Wade but opened a new chapter in the fight for human life. Going forward, we must continue to work until the law protects all human beings, from conception until natural death.
Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization:
The Overturn of Roe v. Wade
A Comprehensive Analysis