“As the legal arm of the pro-life movement, Americans United for Life has outlined questions regarding possibly illegal and certainly unethical conduct occurring behind the closed doors of Planned Parenthood, and yet Cecile Richards and the abortionists who work for her, still refuse to answer to the people paying over 40% of their annual revenues,” said AUL’s Dr. Charmaine Yoest.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (08-12-15) — In light of new, horrifying revelations in a sixth video released from the Center for Medical Progress this morning, Americans United for Life President and CEO Dr. Charmaine Yoest called upon Congressional and state investigators to issue subpoenas to scandal-plagued Planned Parenthood to require answers from the abortionists who coldly discuss the profits made from trafficking in infant bodies, hearts, lungs and livers. “As the legal arm of the pro-life movement, Americans United for Life has outlined questions regarding possibly illegal and certainly unethical conduct occurring behind the closed doors of Planned Parenthood, and yet Cecile Richards and the abortionists who work for her still refuse to answer to the people paying over 40% of their annual revenues,” said Dr. Charmaine Yoest. “What is this abortion business doing with $500 million taxpayer dollars each year? It’s time for a full investigation and to defund Planned Parenthood, redirecting scarce American tax dollars to real, comprehensive healthcare for women.”
“Under Cecile Richards’ leadership, Planned Parenthood’s cancer screening and prevention services have been cut by more than half, while it went from doing 1 in 5 abortions to 1 in 3, according to its own reports,” noted Dr. Yoest. “Forget the fictitious ‘3 percent’ number, Planned Parenthood uses to distract attention from its mega-abortion business model. According to its most recent annual report, abortions were 94% of its pregnancy- related services.”
Given the horrifying, graphic images of Planned Parenthood’s profiteering in human, infant remains, AUL is launching a nationwide legislative campaign for states to defund and redirect tax monies to real healthcare, and to protect the humanity of the unborn through passage of the “Unborn Infants Dignity Act,” which provides a legal framework for humanely dealing with infants who die before birth.
“We are already hearing from concerned legislators who want to prevent the inhumane treatment we are witnessing in these gruesome Planned Parenthood videos,” said Dr. Yoest. “The videos document a nationwide network of corruption and abortion profiteering, led by national corporate Planned Parenthood.”
In FY 2014, Planned Parenthood reported that over 40% of its nearly $1.3 billion in revenue came at the taxpayers’ expense. A report issued by the Government Accountability Office in March 2015 documented that Planned Parenthood receives half a billion dollars annually from federal and joint federal-state programs. The federal government has a responsibility to the American people to ensure the integrity of these programs.
The videos raise numerous questions of significant illegalities that must be investigated, including:
- How much money is being exchanged for baby hearts, livers, lungs, and other body parts?
- Are interstate commerce laws being violated in the transportation of baby parts?
- Are mothers fully informed, and do they give legal consent to the sale of their babies’ hearts, livers, and lungs?
- Is the illegal Partial Birth Abortion procedure used in an effort to gain valuable later-term, more fully formed heads and hearts?
- Is the Born Alive Infant Protection Act violated in in an effort to gain valuable later-term, more fully formed heads and hearts?
- Are women encouraged to endure dangerous late-term abortion procedures by abortionists who know that body parts from more developed infants sell for more money?
- Are federal funds used to subsidize any of the facilities or procedures used in “harvesting” fetal tissue after the abortion was performed?
- Did Dr. Deborah Nucatola present herself to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, as the Committee requested, to answer questions related to these allegations?
On July 23, 2015, AUL sent a letter to Chairman Fred Upton, and additional House and Senate leadership, detailing three troubling areas in Planned Parenthood’s initial response to the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
Click here to learn more about the legal issues surrounding the horrific images of trafficking in infant remains.