Begin or renew your partnership with a matched gift today!
Make your life-affirming gift today!
Our mission is to advance the human right to life in culture, law, and policy.
- Your gift defends existing law and enshrining new law that protects human life.
- Every gift sustains our team of law and policy experts who craft and defend life-affirming law.
- We are committed to wise stewardship, transparency, and accountability.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, making your gift tax deductible to the extent permissible by law.
Catherine Glenn Foster shares her story of hope.
We invite you to share your story, too.
America’s ‘Pro-Life Playbook’ for State Law
Discover where your state stands with respect to human life.
Defending Life, our premier annual publication, paints the nation’s only comprehensive portrait of state law from abortion to suicide by physician to patient protection laws. Our included model legislation serves as a basis for more life-affirming law in every state.
Americans overwhelmingly favor protecting the lives of children at 28 weeks
Americans United for Life, in partnership with YouGov, conducted a national survey revealing that two in three self-identified “pro-choice” Americans oppose abortion in the third trimester. We advocate a return to common sense politics on the human right to life.
Life, Liberty, and Law
Conversations on the Human Right to Life
Americans United for Life brings you “Life, Liberty, and Law,” a weekly podcast featuring conversations on the human right to life. Listen, subscribe, and rate the show today.
Clarke Forsythe on Roe v. Wade's 'unsettled' nature, the role of the U.S. Supreme Court, and America's half century of abortion culture – Life, Liberty, and Law
- Clarke Forsythe on Roe v. Wade's 'unsettled' nature, the role of the U.S. Supreme Court, and America's half century of abortion culture
- Arkansas State Senator Jason Rapert on the real world life-saving impact of pro-life law and policy
- Americans United for Life releases Life List for 2021 and ranks Arkansas ‘most pro-life state’
- Steve Aden and Katie Glenn on President-elect Joe Biden and forecasting pro-life gains and losses to come
- Mallory Quigley on Susan B. Anthony List and its impact, the Congressional victories of pro-life women, and a Biden administration
- Alexandra DeSanctis on a Joe Biden and Kamala Harris presidency, the U.S. Supreme Court, and efforts to codify abortion in state law
- A look back at the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's hearing on Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Supreme Court nomination
Advocates for Life provides news, scholarship, and opinion on the pursuit of happiness and the human right to life. We dive deep into the law and policy questions central to these issues. We report from the front lines of law and policy battles at the White House and Congress and we report the latest from state capitals on the law and policy initiatives that will eventually find their way into the culture and the courts.
Who is Advocates for Life for?
Advocates for Life is for everyone, but there are some who are likely to find it particularly valuable:
- All who want to know what’s happening on life issues in both the nation’s capital and in state capitals
- Federal lawmakers, their policy advisers, and their allies in Washington, DC and in their home states
- State lawmakers, their policy advisers, and state-level advocates
- Attorneys practicing in every area of law who care about life and law issues
- Law students who are committed to advancing the human right to life
- All who want to be empowered in their work on the local level