Begin or renew your partnership with a matched gift today!
Make your life-affirming gift today!
Our mission is to advance the human right to life in culture, law, and policy.
- Your gift defends existing law and enshrining new law that protects human life.
- Every gift sustains our team of law and policy experts who craft and defend life-affirming law.
- We are committed to wise stewardship, transparency, and accountability.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, making your gift tax deductible to the extent permissible by law.
Catherine Glenn Foster shares her story of hope.
We invite you to share your story, too.
America’s ‘Pro-Life Playbook’ for State Law
Discover where your state stands with respect to human life.
Defending Life, our premier annual publication, paints the nation’s only comprehensive portrait of state law from abortion to suicide by physician to patient protection laws. Our included model legislation serves as a basis for more life-affirming law in every state.
Americans overwhelmingly favor protecting the lives of children at 28 weeks
Americans United for Life, in partnership with YouGov, conducted a national survey revealing that two in three self-identified “pro-choice” Americans oppose abortion in the third trimester. We advocate a return to common sense politics on the human right to life.
Life, Liberty, and Law
Conversations on the Human Right to Life
Americans United for Life brings you “Life, Liberty, and Law,” a weekly podcast featuring conversations on the human right to life. Listen, subscribe, and rate the show today.
William L. Saunders on human rights, 'Unborn Human Life and Fundamental Rights,' and the future of American law on life issues – Life, Liberty, and Law
- William L. Saunders on human rights, 'Unborn Human Life and Fundamental Rights,' and the future of American law on life issues
- Katie Glenn on Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health, the U.S. Supreme Court case that could protect preborn children
- Senator Steve Daines on founding the U.S. Senate pro-life caucus, the people of Montana, and abortion at the Supreme Court
- Mary Margaret Olohan on growing up in a large family and how advocates and lawmakers can strengthen American family life
- Clarke Forsythe on America's fetal homicide laws and the role of state lawmakers in protecting life
- Mike Kehoe, Missouri Lieutenant Governor, on advocacy to state lawmakers, inherent dignity and human rights, and playing the long game
- Dr. Bob Onder on being a pro-life physician, a state lawmaker, and how to legislate through science and reason
Advocates for Life provides news, scholarship, and opinion on the pursuit of happiness and the human right to life. We dive deep into the law and policy questions central to these issues. We report from the front lines of law and policy battles at the White House and Congress and we report the latest from state capitals on the law and policy initiatives that will eventually find their way into the culture and the courts.
Who is Advocates for Life for?
Advocates for Life is for everyone, but there are some who are likely to find it particularly valuable:
- All who want to know what’s happening on life issues in both the nation’s capital and in state capitals
- Federal lawmakers, their policy advisers, and their allies in Washington, DC and in their home states
- State lawmakers, their policy advisers, and state-level advocates
- Attorneys practicing in every area of law who care about life and law issues
- Law students who are committed to advancing the human right to life
- All who want to be empowered in their work on the local level