Tune in to C-SPAN 2 at 1:00 p.m. EST to hear pro-life Senators discuss the pro-abortion provisions in Majority Leader Reid’s health care reform bill.
Remember, the Reid bill:
- Allows the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to require coverage of any and all abortions through the public option.
- Creates new federally-funded subsidies for private health plans that cover abortion.
- Requires every insurance market to include a private plan that covers abortion.
- Fails to sufficiently protect health care entities from discrimination on the basis that the health care entity does not provide, pay for, provide coverage of, or refer for abortions.
- Fails to prohibit federal funding of assisted suicide.