The Conference Will Equip Participants to:
- Understand the clinical and social experience of aging, especially in the American context.
- Anticipate developments in the near future of healthcare, science, biotechnology, medical law, and the impact on our common humanity.
- Appreciate the medical, social and cultural context in which death is experienced.
- Prepare to address the current and future challenges of aging and the quest for immortality.
- Identify the assumptions behind various strategies for immortality, including transhumanism.
- Learn ways that palliative care, hospice, and other modalities can reframe the crises associated with the experience of dying.
- Gain an awareness of national, state, and international developments in the legal status of assisted suicide and euthanasia.
- Develop effective strategies for facing the ethical, legal, and social implications of aging and the pursuit of immortality.
For more information, see
- General Information
- Housing and Food
- Continuing Education / Academic Credit
- Conference Brochure (PDF)
Be sure and stop by the AUL table and say hi!