Americans United for Life, a national non-profit pro-life organization in downtown Chicago, is looking for a full-time receptionist to greet visitors, handle incoming calls, and perform various general administrative duties within a professional office atmosphere. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, and be able to juggle several projects at once with frequent interruption.
Duties, Expectations, and Responsibilities:
- Manage front desk reception; answer and direct incoming phone calls;
- Manage inbound and outbound mail, faxes and packages;
- Receive and care for all visitors in a professional manner;
- Data entry and processing of incoming donor contributions;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Major Gifts Officer;
- Assist with office and donor mailings;
- Maintain global office calendar;
- Photocopying and filing;
- Assist with general office operations and special projects (e.g., research, external correspondence and presentations, etc.) as needed;
- Serve as main contact for maintenance, cleaning, and office administration issues;
- Maintain lobby, conference, copy room, kitchen, and common areas;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years experience as a receptionist or customer service agent with some college education preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially in dealing with donors, vendors, and staff members;
- Demonstrated professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy;
- Professional phone voice;
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and prioritizing a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction;
- Prompt and dependable: able to report to work on time Monday through Friday prepared to perform duties of position;
- Computer literate including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Can easily learn new software systems with appropriate training;
- Knowledge of standard and computerized office equipment, including telephone switchboard operation;
- Have a go-getter attitude that’s positive and respectful;
- Be hard working and extremely driven;
- Ability to work well as a dedicated team member.
- Have a personal commitment to a pro-life perspective on matters of abortion, bioethics, and the end of life.
Compensation and Benefits:
$25,000 per year plus benefits. Benefits include two weeks paid vacation each year, health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Working hours will be 8:30am — 5pm. Normal attire is business casual. Office is within walking distance of both L and Metra lines. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great organization. Immediate placement available.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and four professional and four personal references to HR@AUL.org. Be sure to mention “Office Receptionist” in the subject line.