Application Deadline for Spring 2008 Semester is January 2, 2008
Americans United for Life (AUL), a national public interest law and policy organization defending human life through vigorous legislative, judicial, and educational efforts, seeks highly-qualified and motivated law students to serve as legal externs during the Spring 2008 semester. The externships are unpaid and may be undertaken for credit (as approved by the extern’s law school) or to fulfill other graduation requirements. Qualifications:
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision. Candidates are not required to be in the Chicago area, but must be available by telephone and email.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Externs will work closely with AUL attorneys in researching, drafting, and editing scholarly articles. These articles will be published in a variety of resources and venues including AUL’s Defending Life (a comprehensive state by state guide to life issues), a new volume on state supreme courts, law reviews, national magazines, and websites.
- Legal research and drafting of amicus briefs and educational material on life issues including abortion, bioethics, healthcare rights of conscience, and the end-of-life.
- Deadline for applications is January 2, 2008.
- Send a resume, writing sample, and list of three references to
// with “Spring 2008 Externship” in subject line
- For more information, email, visit www.AUL.org or call 312-492-7234.