We have filled the openings for fall-semester legal externs. Thanks to all who helped spread the word!
We will post opportunities for the spring semester in late fall or early winter.
Americans United for Life (AUL), a national public-interest bioethics law firm defending human life through vigorous legislative, judicial, and educational efforts, is seeking two highly-qualified and motivated law students to serve as legal externs during the fall semester. The externships are unpaid and may be undertaken for credit (as approved by their law school) or to fulfill other graduation requirements.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision. Candidates are not required to be in the Chicago area, but must be available by telephone and email.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Externs will work closely with AUL attorneys in researching, drafting, and editing scholarly articles. These articles will be published in a variety of resources and venues including AUL’s Defending Life (a comprehensive state by state guide to life issues), a new volume on state supreme courts, law reviews, national magazines, and websites.
- Legal research and drafting of amicus briefs and educational material on life issues including abortion, bioethics, healthcare rights of conscience, and the end-of-life.